Saturday, February 8, 2014

Matcha Cheesecake


Went out for dinner again and this time it was to a Japanese restaurant.  I heard about this place from my Japanese friend who said she was pleased with their authenticity. She was right, it wasn't the typical all you can eat sushi restaurant I'm used to. I actually wasn't familiar with a lot of the items on their menu, so I played it safe and ordered tofu in broth, it was delicious. Admittedly though, I do regret not being more adventurous with my order because the table next to me feasted on a lot of interesting dishes I have never seen before: there were noodles on sizzling plates, fish, beef tataki, rice cakes and colorful salads. My mouth watered every time the waitress brought out a different tray of food for them.  I should have just ordered more food!

Dessert had to be the best part.  Two words: MATCHA CHEESECAKE. This was probably one of the best cheesecakes I've ever tasted. It was not too sweet and the texture was smooth, light and creamy. To top it off were a generous scoop of cherry ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup that complimented the creamy matcha flavor perfectly.  It was heavenly!




No comments:

Post a Comment