Monday, September 22, 2014

The Sidelines

I created this blog with the intention of posting my pictures from the Canon Rebel I got for Christmas two years ago.  I haven't uploaded any of those pictures yet.  I thought I would pursue a hobby in photography, but I haven't done that yet either.  I also haven't been posting on this blog as often as I would like to.  In the beginning I told myself I would post on a weekly basis, that quickly changed to a bi-weekly, and it didn't take long before I was only posting once a month.  The sad part is it hasn't even been a year since I started this blog.  I need to work on staying motivated on things I start, so that I get to finish them properly.  I'm considering purchasing blinders (like the ones for horses) to keep my vision straight and in-line.  What do you think?

On another note, I just learned the difference between a pie and cobbler. I tried making a mixed berry cobbler a few days ago. It was my first time ever tasting a cobbler, so I'm not sure if I made it correctly, but it tasted great nonetheless. 



I also still enjoy my solo lunch dates. One day, I had a very large serving of rice noodles and ginger chicken soup from the mall food court. That bowl had enough to feed three of me and it cost about $8. I forced myself to swallow as much of the noodles as possible so that I wouldn't waste too much food. The deliciousness kept me motivated to eat. 

Another day I went to a Thai restaurant and, again, ordered a meal big enough for two. This time it cost $13-14; double the price, but I was in an actual restaurant instead of a mall food court and the service was very efficient. And the food was seriously amazing! I ordered cashew chicken with steamed rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment