Sunday, January 11, 2015

New Year

Almost two weeks in to 2015 and, as usual, I'm not really feeling any different from last year.  But, I'm still hoping that things continue to get better for me.  If there's anything I've learned from my very short time on this planet it is that the only productive way to deal with shit is to keep moving forward.  Crying over all the what-ifs, should-haves, shouldn't-haves and could-have-beens just makes life a thousand times shittier than it already is.  I mean, no matter what, you can't just jump into a time machine and un-fuck all your mistakes (but, oh, how I wish time travel was an option).  For me, the best way to get away from a miserable moment is to literally get away from it.  I have a lot of friends (and, sometimes me) who, when they get into difficult situations, like to wade in their sorrows.  Being "in touch with your feelings" is great, but, honestly, too much feeling can be destructive.  Be strong, move on and know that there is always hope for something better to come.  Learn from the shitty experiences and DON'T DO THEM AGAIN!  Leave the past behind you: easier said than done, but I'm working on it.

So, enough of this useless rant.  May the New Year bring lot's of magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment