Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Let Them Eat Cake!

There's nothing better after a long day than a rich, velvety smooth, mouthwatering slice of cake....or just any slice of cake. 

I had a disappointing day and I needed something to relax. I don't like to drink (*gasp, what?) so unlike most people who go to bars and clubs to get wasted, I like getting food drunk on desserts. It's pretty lame, I know. 

Anyhow, I went to this dessert bar that I always used to walk by. From the outside it looked pretty sugar coated and dessert-like, and it's the same kind of vibe when I first walked in too. It smelled like cake and coffee, there was a display fridge of cake, there was a fire place with a matching sofa set and the colours were a dim hue to give a cozy, candle-light, under-the-stars-in-Paris ambiance. But, the back was a different story. The wall colour changed from blue to beige, instead of desserts on display, it was a wall of hard liquor (I'm talking Carlos I and Hennessy) and, to my surprise, a billiards table and darts. And, to think I was avoiding a bar. There wasn't even a sign that indicated it was a bar on the outside. 

The cheesecake I ordered was alright. It wasn't bad at all. Not the best I had, but certainly not the worst either. Perhaps I was just distracted by the back of the place to fully indulge in the cake. Still, I had a good time and I briefly forgot about my day's misfortunes while I was there. 
Don't worry, I didn't eat all of this on my own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment